Who Are The Jewels Of Islam?
The Jewels of Islam is a supportive network/ program for women 50 years and older. It has a distinctive Islamic orientation. While emphasizing Islam as the focal point, the program however provides activities that are beneficial to any older adult women. Membership is open to all women within the age specified regardless of religious affiliations.
Weekly Tuesday meetings are held at Masjidullah, Inc., Center for Human Excellence, a Masjid located at 7401 Limekiln Pike, Philadelphia, Pa. 19138 in West Oak Lane from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monthly meetings are also held at Masjidullah, Inc., Center for Human Excellence, from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm the second Sunday of each month.
The network of active members and volunteers, some who are under 50, provide a mutual support system to check on one another, give assistance, transportation, meals, and visits to the sick or hospitalized. Over 55% of the membership has performed the pilgrimage to Mecca.
With Allah's Name The Beneficent, The Merciful
Jewels of Islam
It is the Niyat (intentions) of Masjidullah Jewels of Islam that by the Mercy and Help of Allah (SWT) that we meet to comply with the basic institution for our Iman and Deen: to make an effort to provide an environment in which the spiritual, social and recreational needs of older women are addressed.
• To maintain a weekly telephone network
• To maintain a visiting committee for our sick and homebound
• To have fundraisers throughout the year for housing and program expenses.
• Schedule Monthly speakers
• To establish communication for frail and homebound members
• To establish housing for older adults
• Network with older women in other states and to assist in
establishing Jewels of Islam programs in other states
• Provide a source for ongoing information on Islamic topics and issues for
older adult women